Pages

Dailymakeover.com Video Interview


Hey, dolls!

I participated in one of dailymakeover.com's videos about spring trends I'm looking forward to during Fashion Week. The fantastic Rachel Hayes (former Beauty Director of Cosmopolitan) hosted the video. I'm so very flattered to be interviewed amongst such beauty superstars as Jean Godfrey-June (Beauty Director of Lucky), Andrea Lustig (Beauty Columnist for Glamour), and even my college roommate Julia who does PR for NARS.

Funny story: I actually have Rachel Hayes' autograph. What's funnier is that I told her so. For my 21st birthday in 2001, Julia couldn't make it to Atlantic City where my other college friends and I were celebrating my 21st in style at the Trump Taj Majal. She was interning that summer in the beauty department at Cosmopolitan and was working for Rachel Hayes! She felt so bad she couldn't make it for the festivities that she got Rachel and Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Kate White to sign a copy of the June 2001 issue of Cosmo for me, knowing that I would LOVE it. And did I ever--it's one of the best gifts I've ever received. Magazine editors were the celebs in MY lifestyle when I was in college because I desperately wanted to be one. Kate actually wrote "Go for it!" to me on the mag, which I took to mean that I should keep trying to be a beauty editor despite constantly being turned down for magazine positions post-graduation. I kept that in mind when I started my blog!

Click here to see all of Daily Makeover's Fashion Week coverage. To view the video I'm in, scroll down to On-Scene Videos and select the one titled Glowy Flowy Peachy Spring Trends @ NYC Fashion Week 2009.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment