Pages

Moshida Man Reviews Kiehl's Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream

My college friend J (pictured, left) is quick with the wit, is a phenom writer, and knows a thing or two about products. He's currently working in Korea from where he fills me in on all things grooming via gchat. Impressed by his product knowlege, I asked him to contribute a grooming column to BBJ to enlighten my female readers about ideas for their sig others and the (albeit small) percentage of male readers who 'fessed up to reading this blog in my demographics poll I took a while back. He came up with his own column name, Moshida Man. Moshida means handsome in Korean. An apt description, n'est-ce pas? My grandmother used the same word about him after meeting him at my graduation. Justin lived in my dorm freshman year at BU and suffice it to say... I got very little studying done in 1998 because I may or may not have been too busy applying lipstick in case there was a J run-in. I mean, what would you do? Anyway. So without further ado, here's his first entry! Enjoy and LMK what you think! - Amber


Kiehl's Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream - White Eagle Review

For those men shirking the budget-friendly beard this holiday season and who enjoy reading labels, I suggest Kiehl's "Close Shavers Squadron" Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream - White Eagle ($8). This "most popular" item in Kiehl's broad facial care repertoire is a must-have for those with Don Draper shadows around happy hour. You can't come closer to your face with anything short of a laser and wax. If you're one for disposables, then match this top shelf shave cream with a fresh Gillette, keeping to your three-and-change rotation.

Kiehl's doesn't cut short on the feel-good part of this product, including in its cocktail of ingredients, the ancient Asian evergreen derivative, camphor. Camphor, for those unknowing gentlemen, is an organic compound which resembles menthol in the sensation it elicits on the skin. It also has anti-microbial and anesthetic properties which, for the Clark Kent-faced, brings a smile to my jawline. Nobody needs pain with his shave, especially before breakfast. Choose Kiehl's White Eagle this holiday season and make your man's daily shave something he looks forward to because you know there's nothing better than a little 21st century optimism.

0 comments:

Post a Comment