Pages

Review Dr Bronner's Magic Soaps

See links for prices!

What's included? Just the items themselves.


Overall rating






(Out of 5)

I was sent some samples by said company to review.

The first thing I'll be reviewing is the Lavender Coconut Organic Lotion
I don't smell the coconut in this, to me it smells quite essential oil esque, very herbal and lavender.

I really do not like the scent of this, but the product itself is great. I find it absorbs into the skin quickly, it's not heavy, and it doesn't leave that sticky feeling, so I really like this lotion! 

While I like this I'm unsure if I would purchase it, possibly if I can find a nice scent, but I'm not really into lotions, body butters etc

It says in the description for this product "The organic orange, lemon, and lime stimulate the skin and invigorate the body, resulting in a truly refreshing shower experience." So I'm assuming it's meant to be used as a shower gel, but I've used it for quite a lot of different things. Cleaning my makeup brushes, It worked very well. Washing my hands, also worked well. Washing my face it worked surprisingly well, and didn't dry out my skin as most face washes do.

The scent smells like lemons, and oranges, love it! 

They also sent me the same thing, but Unscented, this really smells like nothing which I like because it makes it even more multipurpose, and prefect for washing brushes because it wont leave behind a scent.
If you want to try these, but you're not sure which scent to get or unsure if you'll like it, I recommend getting the 2oz size, as it's only $2.99 

I plan on repurchasing with my own money.

If you're wondering "What is shikakai?"

"Organic Shikakai comes from the seed pods of the small South Asian tree Acadia Concinna and has been used for millennia in India as a gentle conditioning cleanser for both skin and hair."

I have used this as a shower gel, and shampoo, it works well for both purposes.

The scent is similar to lemon lime soda, but not sweet, more of a true lemon lime scent.
I'd also like to mention that it's a light brown-ish color.

I wouldn't repurchase because of the price, $14.99 though you do get 24oz which will last a good while, but I'm just not very specific with my shampoo/shower gel, and I don't find this product to be anything out of the normal.

They also sent me samples of the Organic Shikakai Baby Body Soap Unscented
Not a fan of the scent of the Baby Unscented, it smells like quite nutty, like peanuts.

I do like the scent of the Spearmint Peppermint, it's pretty much your classic mint scent.

This too is a light brown-ish color, again really not a fan of the lavender scent, but I really like this product.

It lathers well, doesn't leave my skin dry, but it doesn't leave it super moisturized either.

It definitely made shaving easier.

I will purchase if I find a scent I like.

Last are the Liquid Soaps in Peppermint & Rose on the samples I got it says "18-in-1"  I'm assuming you can use these for lots of different things, though the 18-in-1 aspect is not advertised on the website description.
I like the scent of Peppermint, a nice classic mint, it literally smells like mints, less sweet than the Spearmint Peppermint scent.
I also like the scent of the Rose, it just smells like rose, it's a very light scent.
Both are pretty much clear (Slight yellow tinge) with a thin texture.

They're very multipurpose , you can use them as shower gel, face wash, shampoo, washing hands, to clean makeup brushes & anything else you want to clean!

I do recommend these, and would purchase the Rose one with my own money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment